Age: 25 (05/02/95)
Marital Status: Single
Occupation: Maintenance engineer with Rolls Royce
Helmet Colours: Blue/Orange/Yellow
2020 Sponsors: Velocity IT Interim & Consulting, DMi Integration, No42 Kegworth, Greystone Advisory, AVIT Media,
Catena Business Network.
* 2016 3rd in Michelin Clio Cup Series Race Class
* 2013 vice champion Michelin Clio Cup Series Road Class
* 2012 East Anglian Trophy TKM Karting Winner, 3rd TKM Festival, 4 simultaneous lap records in SuperOne (some still
* 2009 CovKart TKM Winter Karting Champion
* 2008 MR-K Cadet Champion
* Sam is signed up with Tony Gilham’s Team HARD for 2020 after demonstrating his speed in GT and Ginetta Supercup in
2019. In 2018 he raced Tony’s ex-BTCC Toyota Avensis in a Britcar night race when he teamed up with BTCC new boy
* Sam also delivered the teams first outright Britcar win at Donington standing in for their regular driver who was getting
* Sam did just 2 rounds of the 2017 UK Clio Cup in the TOCA package, surprising the TOCA paddock by qualifying front
row on his debut, but ran out of money after 2 rounds.
* Sam graduated from the Michelin Clio Cup Race Series for the generation 3 ex-TOCA Clio Cars finishing 3rd in the 2016
Championship winning several rounds along the way.
* Sam was part of the MSA Academy’s Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence
* He works as a maintenance engineer at Rolls Royce. He holds a Duke of York award for Engineering, presented by
* Sam races in support of the Me&Dee Charity run by Maria Hanson MBE.
* Sam was presented with his top 10 karting championship finish by Paul DeRista in 2011.
* Sam retired from British karting at the end of 2012 holding 4 lap records, some of which still stand today
2019 First full season with Team HARD – GT Cup and Ginetta GT4 Supercup.
• GT Cup GTH class wins
2018 GT racing limited program –
• GT Cup round 1 win in GTH in a 4.7l Maserati GranTurismo
• 4 rounds of Dunlop Endurance Championship with Team HARD. Including outright
endurance race win.
2017 UK Clio Cup limited program – qualified front row on his debut at Croft. 2 top 10 finishes.
2016 Michelin Clio Cup Race Series – 3rd in championship, 3 wins, 8 podiums
2015 Michelin Clio Cup Race Series – 4th in championship despite 2 DNFs with 3 pole positions, 5
podiums, 1 lap record (Thruxton)
2014 Michelin Clio Cup Race Series – 7th overall with two podiums
2013 Michelin Clio Cup Road Series – Vice champion, two outright wins, seven from eight Sport
2012 Super 1 National Junior TKM Karting – front runner and multiple race winner
Super 1 British KF3 Karting;
KGP Senior Karting;
TKM Festival – Pole in Elite final, lap record and 3rd overall;
British Open – 5th
East Anglian Trophy Winner
2011 Super 1 National Junior TKM Karting
2010 Club Junior TKM Karting
2009 Club Junior TKM Karting;
CovKart Winter Champion
2008 Club Cadet Karting – Mr Karting Cadet Champion
2006 Karting debut aged 11
Twitter: & Facebook @samrandonracing Website: www.samrandonracing.com
Team Name: Team HARD Racing.
Vehicle Name/Type: Porsche 997 GT3 Gen 1 Cup Car
Race Number: 78
Race Group: GTB